The benefits of matcha. Green tea’s cousin, matcha is the new go-to healthy brew.
The health world is going green with envy over matcha and asSally O’Neil digs a little deeper, you’ll be trading your cup ofcoffee for this nourishing nip in no time.
Matcha Green Tea Powder
Matcha is a fine, powdered green tea that has been used for centuries in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies. The benefits come from its high levels of antioxidants to help boost the immune system and improve general wellbeing as well as its high level of absorbable dietary fibre to ease constipation and stabilise blood sugar levels – good-bye cravings and fatigue.
A 1999 study featured in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming green tea increased thermogenesis (the body’s rate of burning calories) from eight-to-10 per cent to 35-to-43 per cent of daily energy expenditure.
One serve of matcha is about two grams, or half a teaspoon. However, more can be used to create a stronger matcha flavour. There are no rules about how much you should consume per day, but two serves is a good guide. While the benefits are pertinent, it’s important to remember excessive consumption of matcha or other forms of green may trigger certain side effects such as headaches, insomnia, irritability, diarrhoea and heartburn, so drink wisely.
Hot matcha tips:
- Matcha is strong in flavour, so adjust your tastebuds by sweetening it with honey or stevia
- Avoid caffeine (including matcha) at least six hours before bedtime
- High quality matcha can be expensive, so keep an eye out for price drops
Disclaimer: It’s important to note that self-treating a health condition with matcha may have serious consequences. If you’re considering the use of matcha in treatment of any condition, consult your primary care provider.
- BambooMN branded products are sourced from Certified Factories that provide fair and good working conditions for the workers. BambooMN supports Oxfam and Second...
- This set includes one Golden (Jing Zhu) bamboo Chasen, one Chashaku bamboo scoop for dishing out Matcha powder, one bamboo teaspoon ($2 value)
- The 100 tate Chasen (bamboo tea whisk) comes in a clear tube for storage/display
- HANDCRAFTED, AUTHENTIC, AND TRADITIONAL MATCHA WHISK to prepare Matcha the way matcha is supposed to be whisked traditionally.
- BEAUTIFUL, DURABLE GOLDEN BAMBOO WHISK - Made with strong and sustainable Golden Bamboo so you can use it over and over again to whisk up the perfect bowl of...
- INCLUDES ONE BAMBOO WHISK (CHASEN), ONE SMALL BAMBOO SPOON & ONE SMALL BAMBOO SCOOP - Traditional Bamboo Matcha Tea Whisk, Bamboo Matcha Spoon and Bamboo Matcha...
- STYLISH DESIGN - Made of 304 grade heavy-duty stainless steel, non-slip wooden handle provides perfect grip while you use.
- MULTI-USE - Perfectly to be used for whisking, whipping and mixing eggs, sauces, milk shakes, whipped cream, batters.
- PREMIUM QUALITY & ULTRA DURABLE - Heavy-duty stainless steel construction guarantees the quality that will last years, 100% rust & corrosion resistant.
Last update on 2017-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API